- Biodegradable & Compostable
- Industry: Bookbinding, Food Packaging, Carton Sealing
- Features: Excellent Cold Resistance | Low Melting Temp
- Contact Us with Questions or for Bulk Pricing
About Infinity Bond EnviroMelt Biodegradable and Compostable Hot Melt Adhesive
The Infinity Bond EnviroMelt 100 high performance bulk hot melt is 100% biodegradable and compostable. EnviroMelt can replace traditional petroleum based hot melts in a wide range of applications including bookbinding, carton closing, product assembly and laminating applications. Infinity Bond EnviroMelt 100 is non-flammable and eliminates the need to inventory volatile solvents and caustic cleaners. It features strong bonds at -20°F for frozen foods and sustains elevated temperatures up to 300°F.
EnviroMelt 100 is Safer and Uses Less Energy
Infinity Bond EnviroMelt 100 reduces energy requirements by up to 50% - melting at 140°F-150°F instead of 2750°-400°F like traditional hot melt adhesives. This low melting temperature also makes dispensing much safer and eliminates potential burns. The Infinity Bond EnviroMelt 100 also features a very high tack resulting in potentially higher line speeds than cold glues.
EnviroMelt 100 replaces non-biodegradable hot melt adhesives, cold glues, and pressure-sensitive tapes. Approved for use as a food packaging adhesive under Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, C.F.R. 175.105.
*Product color may vary
What is a Biodegradable Hot Melt Adhesive?
In order for packaging products or adhesives to qualify as biodegradable, they must completely break down and decompose into natural elements after disposal within a certain amount of time - which we will vary depending on environment. While there is no hard line on this time frame, most consider one year or less.
- Carton Sealing
- Bonding Paper Products
- Product Assembly
- Freeze-Thaw Stable: Yes, you do not have to ship by heated transportation
- Viscosity: 800-1,100 cps
- Refracted Solids %: 55.75% +/- 3%
- Color: Opaque Colors - varies widely due to the use of recycled collagens
- Recommended Application Temperature: 140°F-158°F, could vary slightly)
- Shelf-Life: Stored properly in a cool dry environment, 24 months
- Water Clean-Up: Up to 158°F (warm-hot water only)
Submit the form below to get the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) or Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for this product sent to your email address.
Questions about this product? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.