- Quantity: 35 LB Sample Case - Contact Us for Bulk Pricing
- Industry: Nonwoven and Product Assembly
- Features: 15 Minute Open Time | Good Temp Resistance
About Rextac E101 APAO
35 lb Sample Case - Contact Us for Bulk Pricing
Rextac E101 is a Modified Butene-1 copolymer. If that is confusing, don't worry because we'll simplify. E101 has a very low softening point, medium viscosity and very long open time - up to 15 minutes. This makes E101 a favorite for nonwoven and product assembly applications that require additional time to set substrates.
E101 is great for bonding most substrates, including PE and PP films. It offers an extremely strong bond and good initial tack.
* Free samples may be available, contact us to see if your application qualifies.
A Little about Amorphous Poly Alpha Olefin (APAO) Hot Melt
APAO hot melts provide a number of unique characteristics that make them extremely useful and adaptable to a huge number of applications. They are able to provide a significantly longer open time than traditional hot melts, are low cost, have exceptional temperature resistance and can be extruded or sprayed.
APAO can often be used to replace much more expensive adhesives like polyamide hot melts therefore offering exceptional savings.
Common Applications for Rextac E101
- Nonwoven Applications (Personal hygiene, dental bibs, gowns, etc)
- Fiber Optic Wire and Cable
- Office Furniture Assembly and Manufacturing
- HVAC and Filter Manufacturing
- Assembly Applications that Require Long Open Times
Features of Rextac E101
- Bonds PE/PP/PU Foam, Fabric and Wood
- Up to 15 Minute Open Time
- Good Temperature Resistance
- FDA Compliant for Indirect Food Contact
- Properties: High Ethylene Copolymer
- Viscosity: 3500 cps at 375 F
- Needle Pen: 45
- Softening Point: 270 F
- Glass Transition: -35 F
- Open Time: 60 Seconds
- Solid Density: .086 g/cc
ResourcesData Sheets and Brochures
Questions about this product? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.