- Quantity: 35 LB Sample Case
- Industry: Product Assembly | Specialty Packaging
- Features: 20 Second Open Time | Good Temp Resistance
- Sample Case - Contact Us for Bulk Pricing
About Rextac RT6825 APAO
35 lb Sample Case - Contact Us for Bulk Pricing
Rextac RT6825 is a low to medium viscosity APAO hot melt with a short open time of about 20 seconds. Because RT6825 has a shorter open time but still maintains the exceptional bonding abilities of APAO, it is often used in specialty packaging applications as well as foam bonding.
RT6825 bonds to PE/PP/PU foam as well as ABS, GI sheets, wood fiberboard and more. This type of versatility make it a great general purpose assembly adhesive when shorter open times are needed.
* Free samples may be available, contact us to see if your application qualifies.
A Little about Amorphous Poly Alpha Olefin (APAO) Hot Melt
APAO hot melts provide a number of unique characteristics that make them extremely useful and adaptable to a huge number of applications. They are able to provide a significantly longer open time than traditional hot melts, are low cost, have exceptional temperature resistance and can be extruded or sprayed.
APAO can often be used to replace much more expensive adhesives like polyamide hot melts therefore offering exceptional savings.
Common Applications for Rextac RT6825
- Office Furniture Manufacturing and Assembly
- POP Display Building
- Specialty Packaging
- Automotive (Headliner components)
- Sound Deadening and Vibration Reduction
- Automotive: Bi-laminate (All interior applications above and below the Beltline)
Features of Rextac RT6825
- Bonds PE/PP/PU Foam, Fabric and Wood
- 20 Second Open Time
- Good Temperature Resistance
- FDA Compliant for Indirect Food Contact
- Properties: Butene-1 Copolymer
- Viscosity: 2600 cps at 375 F
- Needle Pen: 17
- Softening Point: 313 F
- Open Time: 20 Seconds
- Solid Density: .88 g/cc
Questions about this product? Our team of adhesive specialists can help. Submit your questions and we'll get you answers right away.