Low pressure molding is traditionally done with epoxy or other longer cure, difficult to use adhesives. Hot melt can be used as an extremely effective, low cost and high quality alternative to traditional molding and potting applications.
Lighthouse Molding is the go to brand for low pressure molding. Generally, low pressure molding (LPM) is done with polyamide and polyolefin materials used most frequently to encapsulate and protect electronic components and assemblies. Low pressure molding sole purpose is to keep the electronics safe from moisture, dust, dirt and vibration. Not only used for encapsulating electronic components, but also for sealing connectors, molding grommets and strain reliefs.
Light House low pressure molding hot melt is a polyamide resin with UL approval. Light House offers a wide range of materials for all applications environments. Also, the LPM material from Light House is RoHS compliant, offered in different colors and has competitive pricing.
Light House Low Pressure Molding Features:
- Moisture / water tight
- Chemical resistant
- Electrical insulation
- Mechanical protection
- Temperature resistance
- "V0" flammability
- Environmentally friendly
- Chemical neutrality
- High frequency stability (> 22 GHz)
Low pressure molding is better, faster, less expensive and cleaner for your application.
Why is Light House low pressure molding better?
- Stop messing with liquids! Use Light House's LPM hot melt material that comes in dry pellets. Say goodbye to epoxy and polyurethane potting materials
- The low pressure molding hot melt does not require batch curing or oven curing. Light House hot melt material hardens in under a minute!
- Unlike other potting materials Light House hot melt requires no mixing
Save time, Light House Low Pressure Molding gets the job done faster
- The hot melt pellets phase change from solid to liquid to solid. No curing time required :)
Typical Potting times:
- 10 to 30 seconds fill time (depends on housing size)
- 1 to 24 hour cure time
Typical Low Pressure Molding time:
- 2 to 15 seconds fill time (depending on Printed Cricuit board size)
- 30 seconds to 2 minutes
Low Pressure Molding is more cost effective than alternatives.
Decrease cost of parts by using Low Pressure Molding. Light House LPM hot melt replaces:
- Metal and plastic housing
- Static mix nozzles for dispensing potting materials
- Mechanical fasterns to attach board to it's housing
- No long need to spend money on special handing charges for liquid dunnage
Low pressure molding reduces material consumption.
- In general the reduction is between 1/2 and 2/3
- The Specific gravity of LPO material is 1
Spend less time
- Low pressure molding hot melt saves you from long cycle times
Low Pressure molding not only saves you time and money, but it's also easier to use in your workplace.
Low pressure molding hot melt materials
- Do not need special venting or handling
- Are RoHS complian
- Can be easily discarded with regular waste
- Do not contain MDI or TDI components
- If spilled there is no need for any special containment
Light House low pressure molding reduces your cardbon footprint
- No need for cure overs or IR lamps
- Material processing requires less energy
- Material manufacturing requires less energy